Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kingwood Gatherings - Kingwood's Volunteer Newsletter


My fifteen (or maybe just five) minutes of fame will present itself in the February/March issue of Kingwood Gatherings.  That's the Kingwood Volunteer Newsletter.  Last week I met up with Lynn H for my interview.  I was recluctant, but Lynn's articles are always great, so I hoped for the best.  Last issue she did was on Kathy M.  I consider Kathy a good friend and yet the article brought out things I hadn't yet discovered about her.

 Lynn does so many wonderful articles showcasing Kingwood Volunteers and she was such a blessing to me during my tour guide training that I couldn't have said no even if I wanted to.  I still get nervous thinking about that first tour I led.  Lynn graciously agreed to accompany me with the tour even after my training so I could be more at ease and really helped me out with giving facts about the house.  She also volunteers in the Kingwood Library, where I still have an overdue book that I need to return. (note to self)  It was great to be able to sit down and visit with her since we are rarely volunteering together. 

Well the article has been completed and it's on the way to Kay Hostetler.  I think Lynn did a good job expressing what Kingwood Center means to me and now I sit back and wait for my new found fame. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.