Saturday, February 26, 2011

This countdown is being interrupted for news ------------ of the Kingwood Center 5K…..

Since you have your calendar out anyway to mark off ONLY THREE DAYS TO GO…
… Mark the date of June 11th.              - Kingwood Center 5K -    Second Annual


Tee Shirt from the First Annual Kingwood 5K


I was unable to participate in the first annual 5K last year as the Kingwood Herb Society was hosting a speaker event …at Kingwood Center...at the same time of the race.  Debra Knapke, who writes books on Ohio gardening and is also referred to as The Garden Sage, gave a wonderfull lecture.  A link to her web site: Click to go to web site of Debra Knapke





As I watched last years, participants getting ready for the race, the excitement of my joining them for this year race started.  In Texas we have the CAPITOL 10,000.  It is an AWESOME 10K and some wear costumes.  Thinking the concept should be introduced to the Kingwood 5K.  Of course I would probably be the only costumed participant.  Should I be a worm or a flower?   Having made some sketches it seems both have easy designs, I’m glad I’ll have a few more months to think it over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.