Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gypsy Moth Quiz Time Girls and Boys.......

So, in continuation of my previous post, after my additional tutorial with Shawn McClain, once again I went in search of the terrible Gypsy Moth Egg Cases.... Dun Dun Dunnnnnn...  Just to give you an idea of the trained eye needed to spot these destructive creatures... here is a little quiz...

Gypsy Moth Egg Case or Cement?????

Ok, it's cement, but I promise it isn't that easy to tell 20 feet up.







Gypsy Moth Egg Case or Mud Dobber????

Ok, it's a mud dobber, but who knew???







Gypsy Moth Egg Case or bad pic of Cool Spider????

Ok, Cool Spider distraction, but he was cool.



 Gypsy Moth Egg Case or Weird hibernating caterpillar????

 Turned out to be a weird hibernating caterpillar.


Gypsy Moth Egg Case or unidentified carcase????

Yes my girls and boys this is a Gypsy Moth Egg Case!





Ok, left out the quiz of is this a Gypsy Moth Egg Case or a rock.  But you can already have guessed, it was a rock.  Ugg.

Here is Shawn McClain, my fearless leader in my Gypsy Moth Egg Case Quest.  He plots their destruction on a map and armed with a Soy Bean oil mixture, he condemns the Egg Cases to death.  My quest continues and as my eyes become trained to their stealth egg laying habits, soon no Gypsy Moth egg case will be safe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.