Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rain Barrel Workshop

Twenty five on the waiting list.  That will tell you how popular this workshop was.  Debbie Sickmiller, Ohio State University Extension Master Gardener Volunteer presented a hands on workshop of how to make your own rain barrel.  I have to admit, this workshop was a little unnerving.  It helped to have my good friend Elin D by my side.  We were given parts and the barrel and when I said hands on, I did mean exactly that. 

Step One - Don't be intimidated by the stack of big barrels.


Step Two - Put the hardware into the barrel.


Step Three - Ask for a little help if needed.


My barrel needs painted and a hole drilled in the top for the spout.  So it is still a work in progress and with a little help from my guy I can get it finished and start collecting rain drops!  So this is a to be continued episode ..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.