Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Traditions - 50's Christmas in Herb Library



Designed by Flower Garden Club of Ashland, the Herb Library used to be a powder room for visiting ladies.  This room has all the bling.  A silver Christmas tree, that many a visitor remembers either having or some one else having, along with a hostess dressed to party.  I am curious who was the dress coordinator.


The punch bowl looks inviting and I  just like the picture on the right showing the tree in mirror.  I may have to find out more about who decorated this room.



Update on dress and manikin.  As I hostessed in house last night (12/30), I visited with a person from the Ashland Heritage Society.  Turns out the manikin and dress are on loan from there.  How clever it was for the Flower Garden Club of Ashland to look to the Heritage Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.