Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Traditions - Natures Bounty in Reading Room


Designed by Buckeye Garden Club.  As in my previous blog about decorating the reading room, it is as awesome as the garden club that created it. I did help some as I did a few small dried flower clusters, which were used in the tree.  Marylin C stored many of the dried items until decorating.  Popcorn strands, dried oranges and so many things to bring out the home spun design.  I think the gold balls in the milkweed pods are so very clever.  They add just the right amount of glam.








The fluffy seeded insides of the milkweed pods were put in clear glass vases and covered in saran wrap.  The effect is wonderful and was used throughout the room. 

I have to showcase the birch bark and wreath that Elin D created.  This time however I get to share a picture of my good friend Kathy M as seen in the mirrored reflection.  We toured the house together as soon as it was open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.