Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Traditions - Home for the Holidays in Drawing Room



Decorated by Late Bloomers Garden Club.  During the open house, we had the pleasure of hearing Charles Applegate play.  Though I couldn't get a picture then, he played twice more and so, I was able to get a snapshot.  The piano isn't an original, but what a nice addition for times like this.  The decoration of this room must have been a collaborative effort because of the businesses thanked for lending many of the posed family members from places about town.



So this is how I think this must play out, here is a little girl looking out at the deer looking in.  It must have been a reindeer checking things out because when I went back Rudolph was looking in the window.


As I hostessed in the house, I saw how much the little ones really loved this room.  It depicted a traditional family Christmas, which showcased some of their favorite things about the season.  They squealed when they would see the deer looking in and one little boy came up to me so very excited that he saw Santa's legs in the fireplace.  He wanted to make sure that I knew Santa was there.  And I guess Santa was checking to see and deemed me nice this year since my membership card came to me laminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.