Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Workshops

As I mentioned a few times already, I had attended the Kingwood workshop to make a Christmas wreath.  Kay Hostettler led the class and I had  good fortune to be able to sit next to and collaborate with Nancy P.  A picture of my partially assembled wreath.  We got to choose either a sugar or plain apple and gold or silver theme.

Another time, I was hostessing in the house and also was able to take some pictures of the Snowman Mug Workshop. This was a child/parent workshop.  Carol A started the workshop off with a great Russian Christmas story and some active songs.  She sure knows how to get the attention of a crowd of kids and parents alike.  Since my son has been grown a while, it reminded me of what seems now like long ago story times.  





Bill Collins directed the kids on how to get started.  I was in awe with some of their arrangements as a child's creativity puts mine to shame.  For some reason, nearly every kid there was able to create a better bow than I had in my workshop.  Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.