Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow

I love that sticky wet snow that clings to the trees (and in the right temperatures makes a good snowman).  It has its drawbacks though.  As in if you have to shovel it or drive in it.  Unfortunately a sticky snow fall occurred on the day scheduled for the Interest in the Winter Garden Tour and it had to be rescheduled to the 26th. I did get out to the gardens soon afterward to get a winter photo in the perennial garden.




I am aware of the damages freezing ice can have on tree branches, but I guess I didn't realized that the snow can be damaging as well, until I noticed the guys were diligently removing the heavy snow from the hedges.  My arms were aching just watching them push the snow with brooms.  As I fed the ducks, it seemed they made quick work of it and moved on to another project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.