Saturday, May 12, 2012

Richland Area Beekeepers Field Day


My guy and I made it out to the Richland Area Beekeepers Field Day at Kingwood today.  Here is a picture of some unsuspecting bees not realizing that they are soon to be relocated.  What fun!  I posted a few video clips that we made on youtube below.

Video clip:  I cannot belive they did that!

Video clip:  Dave Duncan instructional demo.

This year the area was roped off and people were not sticking their fingers in the swarms, but I got to say howdy to Sonny Barker, my favorite beekeeper and won a raffel basket of bee goodies!  My guy refused to let me try for the bee box raffel.  Maybe next year!

A few more pics from the activities I posted on Kingwood Center facebook and one more video I didn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.