Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spring Flower Festival

This years Spring Flower Festival was a lot of fun. I wish I would have taken more pictures. For sure one of Bill Collins in his animal bandana! I started off in the Trimble Road parking lot with Jane J.  We had a great time welcoming people to Kingwood and chatting.    I did a two hour shift there and then got a call from Kathy M to go over and meet her at the Linden Road gate.  She was hanging out there by herself so I hung out with her for a while maning the gate.  When her time was up there, Kathy grabbed a snack from Cafe on Main and we sat down in front of the greenhouse for a spell.  So many familiar faces.  It may have taken a few years, but I have really met quite a few people around Kingwood.  Kathy had to run off to another volunteer obligation, so I went on over to where Lisa Duckworth's daughter Becca was showing her goats.  This is my new friend Toby and he made his premere at the festival this year.  We had met the week before and became fast friends.  The kids loved him as well.  After that, I moved to the plant sales area where I finished up my day of volunteering helping out Becky and Juli.  I was worn out with all the hellos and it was a long day, but I enjoyed it so much more that last year.  I do hope Kingwood will continue it next year in some form or another.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Volunteer, member, frequent visitor and photographer of Kingwood Center.